Happy May! We’re one-third of the way through the year. We “MAY”-d it! HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW. Anyway, the high today is 13°C and the overnight low is 1°C. It’s 10°C right now ( 12:39 p.m.). Sunrise was at 5:35 a.m., sunset is 8:32 p.m. and total daytime is 14 hours and 56 minutes. Let’s see what the Internet says is going on today…
2. TEXAS PHONE COMPANY PROFITS OFF SASK PRISONERS Ick. Also, couldn’t SaskTel handle this, and keep the, ick, profits, and jobs, in Sask?
4. WHO NEEDS TO TAKE A BUS SOMEWHERE WHEN YOU CAN TAKE A WEBSITE, WAIT, WHAT? Read about a comically inadequate “solution” for Saskatchewan’s soon-to-be-idiotically-devastated transportation infrastructure.
5. OIL BOSSES OPPOSE LEGAL WEED Dicks. Come on, no one thinks employees should be allowed to work while blazed just like no one thinks workers should be drunk. But what workers legally do for fun in their off-hours isn’t a company’s business. Oil companies don’t own their workers.
6. THE NORTHERN TEACHER EDUCATION PROGRAM ENDS NORTEP is done as its last class graduates in LaRonge. People are sad.
7. WARM WATERS There’s a good chance we’ll get an El Nino event this year. Again. Let’s hear it for hurricanes, blizzards and record temperatures!
8. CAUCASIAN MALE SHOOTS UP SAN DIEGO POOL PARTY “He had his beer in one hand and his gun in the other,” said one witness. One woman was killed. The victims were Black and Hispanic. The shooter was killed by police. The beer wasn’t identified. Theories/guesses in the comments.
9. SASK DOCTORS PRESCRIBE HELMETS For cyclists.
10. ALBERTA NDP GOVERNMENT KEEPS TABS ON FOI REQUESTS. Tsk. Wonder if the Sask Party does this? Can’t imagine them not.
11. “A GAUNTLET OF ENEMIES OF THE IMAGINATION” Music legend Nick Cave says he’s not going to write any more movie scripts because Hollywood is stultifying. I’m still sad his Gladiator 2 idea never saw movie screens. If you’re going to write a sequel to a movie that isn’t built for one, you’ve gotta think outside the box. Way outside.
12. “A WRECKING BALL RIGHT OUT OF THE GATE” Trump and the environment.
VIDEO: ONE REASON THE MATRIX WAS REALLY GOOD I enjoyed this video essay on the film’s scene-to-scene transitions. Recommended for fans of the movie and film in general.