Good afternoon Saskatoon, how are you liking this weather? It’s -19, or as the windchill says -29. Low tonight is -24. Despite the horror of existence, the sun still came up this morning (at 8:32) and it will skulk under the horizon tonight at 6:07. Now: news!
1. PIPELINE POWER, U.S.A. The U.S. Army Corp Of Engineers says okay, build a pipeline on Indigenous land I guess. Go ahead, tunnel under the Missouri River, nothing could possibly go wrong.
2. UN-HARPENING CANADA The Liberals are restoring the court challenges program, which you might be familiar with over things like the the legalization of same-sex marriage. Good. Let the Conservatives be the party of stomping on minorities and the marginalized.
4. CRISIS IN MAN-LAND Work in male-dominated trades is vanishing and men aren’t learning new job skills.
5. DON’T ATTACK PEOPLE WITH MACHETES Five Saskatoon men missed this memo.
8. “HOT TUB INCIDENT WITH NUDE TEEN” Now that’s a clickable headline.
9. “POLITICAL PRESSURE AND FABRICATING NUMBERS” Jeez, CBC Sask’s headline writers are on fire!
NYEW TO NYETFLIX Bill Nye is back to science the world! This show should be mandatory watching. For me, too.
TODAY IN TRUMPLAND Look it’s that special section we sometimes have.
TIT 2: WARREN SILENCED Apparently reading a letter from Martin Luther King Jr.’s widow Coretta Scott King isn’t allowed in the Senate.
TIT 3: TRUMP COUNTRY REFUGEES A lot of desperate, frightened people are showing up in the border town of Emerson, Manitoba.
TIT 4: IS DONALD TRUMP THREATENING COURTS? Duh.
TIT 5: MINDLESS OPTIMISM, CLEAR-EYED DESPAIR A snapshot of Trump country.